We are often asked to recommend embroidery versus silk screening on clothing, caps, bags and other soft goods. Here are some things to consider when deciding:
1. Stitched onto the garment
2. Price per stitch (size matters here) - more stitches, more expensive
3. Multi color usually doesn't increase price
4. Color match not possible but will get close
5. Words should be 3/16" or taller for readability
6. Can feel more permanent and more high end
7. Personalizations doable
1. Printed onto garment
2. Printing on black material more expensive than on white
3. Each color adds a screen charge and run charge
4. Can print large areas at same cost as small ones
5. Small details in designs usually print
6. Printing photos or graduated color will work
If you have question on what's best for you, let us know. We can help!
February is National Embroidery Month - email us about our free offer.