1) Talk to people about THEIR interests, too. I know this doesn’t sell more widgets, but it shows us you’re human.
2) Be wary of always pimping your stuff. Your fans will love it. Others will tune out.
3) Don’t toot your own horn too much. (Man, I can’t believe I’m saying this. I do it all the time. – Side note: I’ve gotta stop tooting my own horn).
4) Twitter works swell as an opinion poll.
5) If you’re representing clients and billing hours, and tweeting all the time, you might hear about it.
These are just a few to get you started but check out this link to the 50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business http://www.chrisbrogan.com/50-ideas-on-using-twitter-for-business/
Plug the tiny MoGo Bluetooth Adapter into your laptop’s USB port, flip down the kickstand to angle the mouse and then navigate using the MoGo’s concave buttons and scroll pad. When you are done, slide it into your machines PC card slot to recharge.
For further details, click here.
The island perspective is the O2 Marketing model. Every client interaction is an opportunity to show our passion for pleasing you, our customer. We owe it all to you our customer and we never lose sight of that commitment.
Happy 7-7! Enjoy some 7-layer dip today:
3. sourcream with spices
4. shredded cheese
5. sliced olives
6. sliced tomatoes
7. chopped green onions
Then, call us for 7 scoops for connecting with your clients.